Giant Nephilim Skeletons Uncovered in the State of New York



Notes on the Iroquois by Henry Schoolcraft,  1847
Ancient Entrenchments on Fort Hill
     The work occurs on an elevated point of land formed by the junction of a small stream, called Fordhams brook, with Allens Creek, a tributary of the Genessee River. Its position is about three miles north of the village of LeRoy, and some ten or twelve northeast of Batavia. The best view of the hill, as one of the natural features of the country, is obtained a short distance north of it, on the road from Bergen to Leroy.
But the most remarkable and distinctive tract connected with its archaeology is the discovery of human bones denoting an uncommon stature and development, which are mentioned in the same communication. A Humerus or shoulder bone, which is preserved, denotes a stature one-third larger than the present race, and there is also a lower jaw bone, preserved by a physician at Batavia, from the vicinity, which indicates the same gigantic measure of increase.

Fort Hill in New York

Notes on the Iroquois, Henry R. Schoolcraft, 1847
       Skeletons found about Fort Hill (Auburn, N.Y.) and its vicinity, sustain the impression that the former occupants of their military station, were of a larger and more powerful race of men than ourselves. I learned that the skeletons generally indicated a stouter and larger frame. A humerus or shoulder bone, of which one has been preserved, may safely be said to be one-third larger or stouter than any now swung by the living. A resident of Batavia, Thomas T. Everertt, M.D., has in his cabinet, a portion of a lower jaw bone, full one-third larger than any possessed by the present race of men, which was found in a hill near Le Roy, some two years since.


History of the Holland Purchase, 1849

       A mile north of Aurora Village, in Erie County, there are several small lakes or ponds, around and between which, there are knobs or elevations, thickly covered with a tall growth of pine; upon them, are several mounds, where many human bones have been excavated… There are in the village and vicinity few gardens and fields where ancient and Indian relics are not found at each successive ploughing. Few cellars are excavated without discovering them. In digging a cellar a few years since upon the farm of P. Piersen, a skeleton was exhumed, the thigh bones of which would indicate great height; exceeding by several inches, that of the tallest of our own race.



History of the Holland Purchase, 1849
      The ancient works at Fort Hill, LeRoy, are especially worthy of observation in connection with this interesting branch of history… Forty years ago an entrenchment ten feet deep, and some twelve or fifteen feet wide, extended from the west to the east end, along the north or front part, and continued up each side about twenty rods, where it crossed over, and joining made the circuit of entrenchment complete. It would seem that this fortification was arranged more for protection against invasion from the north, this direction being evidently its most commanding position. Near the northwest corner, piles of rounded stones, have, at different times, been collected of hard consistence, which are supposed to have been used as weapons of defense by the besieged against the besiegers. Such skeletons as have been found in and about this locality, indicate a race of men averaging one third larger than the present race; so adjudged an anatomist.


History of St. Lawrence and Franklin Counties, New York, 1853
        In the town of MaComb, St. Lawrence County, are found traces of three trench enclosures, and several places where beds of ashes mark the site of ancient hearths. One of these was on the farm of William Houghton, on the bank of Birch Creek, and enclosed the premises now used as a mill yard. It is somewhat in the form of a semi-circle; the two ends resting on the creek, and might have enclosed half and acre… On an adjoining hill, now partly occupied by an orchard, traces of an ancient work formerly existed, but this has also been obliterated.
In the pond adjoining there was found, many years since, a skeleton, said to have been of great size.


History of Seneca County, New York, 1876
       There were several mounds on the Calver place, and we often plowed up bones and ancient crockery. In 1850 we opened one of these mounds, and found a very large skeleton, with a well-shaped skull, and a stone pitcher near the head. The pitcher seemed to have been made of sand and clay. Small vessels of the same material, filled with clam-shells, were placed inside of the elbows. Some of these pitchers would hold half a gallon. We gave them to Gen. Brish. These things were as wonderful to the Indians as to us.


History of Niagara County, New York, 1878

       “About one and a half miles west of Shelby Centre, Orleans County, is an ancient work. A broad ditch encloses in a form nearly circular about three acres of land: the ditch is at this day well defined, several feet deep. Some skeletons, almost entire, have been exhumed, many of giant size, not less than seven to eight feet in length. The skulls are large, and well developed in the anterior lobe, abroad between the ears and flattened in the coronal region.”